6 Carry-on Essentials
Happy September! Can you believe that September is already here? I sure can’t! It seems as if time is flying by these days. I hope you all had a fabulous long weekend. I spent mine preparing for a trip – I’m headed to Florida today for a work trip. I know, I know, how cool is it that I get to go to Florida for work? That’s what I keep hearing, but it’s going to be so hot and humid there, I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle it!
I travel for work (and for pleasure) a fair amount, so I thought the perfect post for today would be sharing my carry-on travel essentials!
Naturally, I have issues packing lightly so don’t let this pretty little mashup of photos fool you. I have a checked bag, a personal bag, and a carry-on that always seem to be packed to the max! I’m always paranoid that the airline is going to lose my checked bag so I try to cram as much as humanly possible into my carry-on just in case my worst nightmare does come true.
I love this Kate Spade nylon tote. It’s the perfect weekend bag and carry-all – it’s pretty much a bottomless pit which is great for those of us who don’t pack lightly! Here’s my list of the 6 essential carry-on items:
- Small Crossbody Bag: Even when I travel for work, I love to take my free time and explore the city I’m staying in. A crossbody bag makes it easy to carry your wallet, cell phone, and a few other essential items you might need. Lately I’ve been toting around a Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC shoulder bag.
- Chapstick: Spending hours on a plane and then hours exploring a new city can take a toll on your lips. I always make sure to carry chapstick with me in every bag – either Burt’s Bees or EOS.
- A Great Read: Currently I’m reading Jen Lancaster’s newest book, The Tao of Martha. If you haven’t read Jen Lancaster, start off with Bitter is the New Black. You won’t regret it!
- Sunglasses: I seem to always forget sunglasses when I’m on my way to sunny states. You might think you don’t need them, but you will! I tend to travel with a cheaper pair of sunglasses just in case I lose them or scratch them.
- Gum: A must-have to avoid ear-popping take-offs and landings as well as keeping your breath minty fresh!
- Laptop: When I fly I try to disconnect from the world a bit, but on longer flights a laptop can be necessary for watching movies or catching up on emails! And yes, I do have that snazzy pink case for my MacBook!
Lastly, I always put my makeup in my carry-on bag. I figure that if they do lose my suitcase and I have to wear the same clothes for a few days, I can at least make sure my face looks good!
What are your carry-on essentials?
Carry-on Bag: Kate Spade Flatiron Nylon Tote; Crossbody Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC; Chapstick: EOS Lip Balm; Book: The Tao of Martha by Jen Lancaster; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban Aviators; Gum: Trident Spearmint Gum; Laptop: Macbook Pro 13″; Laptop Case: Speck ‘See Through Satin’ Pink Case