Where to Eat: Maui
May 22, 2019
- Dope BBQ – A great breakfast (or lunch) spot at the Maui Swap Meet. The croissant breakfast sandwiches were our faves!
- Wailuku Coffee Company – This quirky coffee shop inside an old gas station serves up tasty coffee as well as breakfast and lunch.
- Maui Coffee Attic – A quaint 1950’s coffee shop, this is a definitely a “locals” spot. When we dropped in there was a ukulele session and a woman hula dancing to the music.
- Bad Ass Coffee Company – Serving up Kona coffee, Bad Ass Coffee is a staple for any Hawaii trip.
- Kaimana Coffee – This cute coffee truck is at the Maui Swap Meet on Saturdays, but you can find them elsewhere on the island throughout the week. They had the best cold brew!
- Hawaiian Village Coffee – A great local spot with delicious danishes!
- The Surfing Burro – This food truck is a great lunch stop in the town of Hana before hiking to the Red Sand Beach. We got the guava chicken burrito and spicy pulled pork quesadilla.
- Joy’s Place – Grab a few delectable sandwiches at Joy’s Place and head to the beach for a picnic lunch!
- Lahaina Luna Cafe – Located on Front Street in Lahaina, the Lahaina Luna Cafe is a delicious spot for lunch while shopping. We got the chicken tacos and highly recommend the teri-fried chicken bites.
- 808 on Main – This tasty cafe fare was our lunch spot of choice after hiking the Waihe’e Ridge Trail.
- Mama’s Fish House – A classic dinner spot on the Road to Hana! Remember to make reservations!
- Flatbread Company – Stop in for a delicious pie in Paia. The Mopsy’s Kalua Pork and Pele Pesto pizzas are must-eats.
- Monkeypod Kitchen – Award-winning chef Peter Merriman is the head chef and his creations are delectable.
- Serpico’s Restaurant – After a long day on the Road to Hana, we stopped at Serpico’s for a tasty Italian dinner.
- Aloha Mixed Plate – Traditional Hawaiian plates with a great open air vibe and location right on the water.
- Nalu’s South Shore Grill – A busy restaurant and bar with a wide selection of meals.
- Lahaina Pizza Company – Overlooking Front Street, this restaurant has open air vibes and some of the best pizza. Be sure to get the chocolate chip skillet cookie for dessert.
- Aunty Sandy’s – By far our favorite banana bread of the trip was Aunty Sandy’s on the Road to Hana. The cute roadside stand is cash only and once they sell out for the day, they close.
- Julia’s Banana Bread – A tasty banana bread stop on Highway 340. Also try the dried mango and mixed nuts!
- Sugar Beach Bakeshop – You can’t go wrong with any of the sweet treats at Sugar Beach Bakeshop, but if we had to choose, Jon’s favorite was the caramel apple cheesecake and mine was the sweet potato haupia pie, a truly tropical dessert!
- Hula Cookies & Ice Cream – The perfect end to a day of hiking! Create your own ice cream cookie sandwich flavor combo or go with Hula’s recommended pairings. I got chocolate coconut cookies with coconut ice cream while Jon had chocolate chip cookies with macnut ice cream.
- Ululani’s Hawaiian Shave Ice – Ululani’s claims to be the best shave ice and it’s the truth! With so many flavors, you’ll have to stop in multiple times during your Maui vacation.
- Aunty Lia’s Banana Bread – Find Aunty Lia’s at the Maui Swap Meet and get there early before she sells out. We got the very last loaf of banana bread with chocolate chips and it was delicious!