5 Dress Details
There’s something about a gorgeous day in spring and a fabulous dress that just go together! The weather in Seattle last week was amazing and I decided it was the perfect time to debut this amazing feminine dress from City Chic.
I consider myself a dress aficionado (I have an entire closet just dedicated to my dresses), and this dress is the epitome of all things I love about dresses. When I go shopping for a new dress, I have 5 things I consider before purchasing a dress, and this little number meets all the criteria!
- A-line Bodice: My favorite cut of dress is a classic a-line style with a full skirt (bonus if it has a petticoat), reminiscent of the 1950s. I find this cut to be flattering for all body types with a very flirty and feminine feel.
- Bold Pattern: I love finding dresses in bright colors or bold patterns that I may not find anywhere else. The more unique the color or pattern the more inclined I am to buy it, especially anything polka dot or floral!
- Knee-length: Personally I prefer a modest knee-length dresses. Especially with a-line dresses, the knee length helps provide shape to the dress and the illusion of a smaller waistline.
- Twirl Test: I’m a four year old girl at heart, and I love twirling in dresses! If the skirt spins out during a twirl, it’s a keeper for sure.
- Quality Material: I look for quality materials when purchasing a dress – one that will last and stand the test of time, and hopefully doesn’t wrinkle!