5 Steps to Glowing Skin
I’ve made this year all about a renewed focus on my health and wellness, and my skin is no exception. I’ve recently stepped up my skincare game, and combined with healthy eating, drinking plenty of water, and consuming a few superfoods, I’ve had more compliments on my glowing skin than ever! I’ve also noticed that while I previously struggled with rosacea (skin redness) and eczema (skin dryness), I’ve been able to manage them without prescription lotions. Yay!
1. Wash your face! I finally did listen to my mother’s advice to wash my face morning and night (I struggled with the latter). It may seem like a no brainer, but make the effort. At night, make sure to remove your makeup prior to washing your face.
Recommended Products: I use the Fresh soy cleanser most mornings and evenings. I also love Yes to Blueberries & Yes to Carrots cleansers. On nights when I use the Clarisonic (2x/week), I use the Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser.
2. Apply a toner and eye cream. I’ve recently added in a skin toner and eye cream to my regiment and have noticed improvements. After washing my face and patting dry, it’s quick and easy to apply a toner and then eye cream around my eye areas. I typically let this air dry before adding my serum and moisturizer.
Recommended Products: Right now I’m loving the Don’t Call Me Ma’am toner, but I can’t wait to try skoah’s tonik. For eye cream, I’m currently obsessed with Fresh’s black tea eye concentrate.
3. Add a serum. I wasn’t convinced that a serum was something I need in my skincare routine, but after regularly using one for the last few months, I can see the difference. A serum is specially formulated to deliver ingredients to your skin.
Recommended Products: I get facials every 8-12 weeks at skoah and when I had my last facial, I picked a new serum and I am in LOVE. Skoah’s gold serum is a wonderfully light product and, it might sound weird, but I’m always so excited to put it on!
4. Moisturize. Following your serum, add a moisturizer to hydrate your skin. Don’t forget to use one that has SPF to protect you from the elements!
Recommended Products: During the day, I use skoah’s dewlux face kream lite, which gives me a dose of SPF. It not only smells divine, but also protects me from sun and wind burn (it’s a lifesaver when bike riding!). At night, I use skoah’s gold kream. One of my all time favorites, and more budget friendly moisturizers is Cerave Moisturizing Lotion.
5. Eat healthy and drink water. My mom also taught me: You are what you eat. I clearly didn’t listen until recently, but clean eating and drinking water has also made an impact on my skin, keeping it clear and blemish-free!