5 Comfortable Work Heels
I absolutely hate wearing heels, and the reason is twofold: (1) when I wear heels I’m nearly 6′ tall and (2) wearing them all day kills my feet. But unfortunately for me, there are times when I need to wear them – to the office, for a night out, and sometimes I just to add that extra something to my outfit.
After years of buying cheap heels that I could hardly bear to stand in for even an hour, I started investing in well-constructed heels in the hopes that I’d find wearing heels more bearable. For me personally, I find that it has made all the difference in the world; and while I still don’t prefer to wear heels over flats, when I have the need or desire to spice up an outfit with some heels it’s actually fun.
Here are my top 5 picks for comfortable work heels:
- Clarks ‘Purity Snow’ Pump: Don’t judge the Clarks brand because they’re Clarks. They actually have some pretty awesome and comfortable (and stylish) shoes out there. The ‘Purity Snow’ Pump is probably my favorite classic style work shoe that’s comfortable to wear. It’s available in black, tan, and this sassy snake print for the more adventurous.
- Clarks “Loyal Peony” Mary Jane Pump: Who doesn’t love a classic Mary Jane? The perfect feminine accent to skirts and dresses, crop pants and slacks; the patent leather accent on the heel and toe make this perfectly trendy. Available in black and burgundy.
- Cole Haan ‘Chelsea’ Pump: Ever since Cole Haan and Nike Air teamed up to bring the world heels enhanced with comfort technology I’ve been in 7th heaven. They are literally one of the best shoes made and while they have a price tag to match, they’re a pair of heels that will last you years and take you from day-to-night with ease. These beauties are available in garnet red, black, and sandstone (and they’re on sale!).
- Corso Como ‘Del’ Pump: A great suede pump for the office, and particularly perfect for winter. Corso Como also makes wonderfully comfortable shoes to keep your tootsies happy all day long. These pumps are available in black, pine, and ruby.
- Paul Green ‘Shelby’ Pump: Probably my favorite retro shoe, this T-strap beauty is perfect for a classic work style. Most importantly it’s comfortable! Available in black patent and taupe patent.
What other shoes do you find comfortable and stylish to wear to the office and that transition well for post-work festivities?